Welcome to Distributed Systems
I hold the position of full professor at the VU University Amsterdam and in particular in its Department of Computer Science, for which I am currently the chair (and take a look at all the happy faces of other department chairs). My work is divided into three types of tasks:
My research takes place within The Network Institute. Each of these tasks is consuming a considerable amount of time, turning me into a rather busy beaver. If you need to see me in person, please contact our secretary for making an appointment (see contact information).
We are hiring: four tenure-track positions in Amsterdam:
- Computer systems security
- Computer vision
- Distributed systems
- Theoretical computer science
Conference: International Conference on Principles of Distributed Systems (OPODIS 2013)
- Co-chaired by Roberto Baldoni and Maarten van Steen
- Stronger emphasis on combining theory and systems work
- New process in selecting papers
- Check out the Call for Papers!